Friday, December 30, 2011

Holika Holika Mask Review

Hi there! Today I will be talking about the Holika Holika Cherry Blossom Essence Mask Sheet. The only reason I was pulled into buying this mask was the fact that CN Blue was the spokesperson for Holika Holika and that their faces was on the mask :]

But yeah, I've used 3/10 that I own and so far I give this mask a 3/5.

The Fit
This mask is very short from forehead to chin and it's very wide (ear to ear). I like the fit of the My Beauty Diary Masks over this one. The good thing about this mask is that it covers the side my of face pretty well but it's barely long enough to cover my forehead and chin + the nose flap doesn't cover my nose well. I don't think I have a long chin or forehead either so I wonder if this fits well with people who have a longer, slimmer face.

The Scent
It smells nice, very floral but I don't like my sheet masks to be this heavily scented. I found that with all of the Holika Holika products I've tried, they seem to be very heavy scented, which might not work out with people that have sensitive skin.

Properties of the Mask
This mask is suppose to provide water and nutrition to the skin to keep it moist. As you can tell, this product is probably marketed towards teenagers. I think that it does moisturize the skin but the effects from it doesn't last too long. I'd say this is something you can use for a little pick me up but it doesn't have any of the whitening and tightening properties of some face masks (these cost 1.99 I believe, which is pretty expensive compared to MBD). I like using this before I put on make up in the beginning of a day since it makes applying bb cream much easier.

Overall, I really wanted to LOVE these masks but I don't. I think these cost more than the My Beauty Diary Masks and those are so much more effective than this one. :[ But if you are interested in the Holika Holika one, do try it out. Maybe it just didn't work out for me.

On the other hand, I was very surprised by the My Scheming Masks but I've only used it once so I still need to test it out more.


Here is a picture of how the mask looks after I washed and dried it. It's very wide, no?
Here's the front of the package.



No comments:

Post a Comment